Saturday, April 21, 2007

Jump Aboard the Poetry Train



The Creative Goddess and I are feeling the urge to bare our innermost souls (I mean even more than usual), so we're going to begin posting our poetry on Mondays, and we'd like to encourage all of you to join us.

Of course, it doesn't have to be poetry. Any sort of creative expression you've indulged in -- an anecdote, short story, cartoon, etc. -- would be great.

Just to get everyone in the mood, here's a little gem I wrote for Mr. Robin:


Romance (a limerick)

I knew that romance had departed,
Though the honeymoon barely had started--
As we flew down the road
My dear prince, now a toad,
Left the window rolled up when he farted.


Now, you've got to be able to come up with something better than that!

11 comments:

Rhian said...

haaahaaa! okay - now you've done it. i'm unable to hear the word fart anymore without thinking of mr. robin.

Robin L. Rotham said...

He'll be so pleased. :D

Anna J. Evans said...

Wow! I loved your limerick!! :). I'll see if I can't come up with something and let you know tomorrow. I usually do man meat deep thoughts on Mondays, so it will have to be silly poetry. Besides, the two books of poetry I wrote are from college and I'm sure they pretty much stink....as much as Mr. Robin's farts, lol.

anna j. evans

Robin L. Rotham said...

LOL! Man meat deep thoughts... Isn't that an oxymoron? Ooh, you've just given me a great idea...

Unknown said...

ROFL!! Okay that's awesome. I may have to play along with this. :)

Erica Ridley said...

LOL. I'll try to think up something that fun! =)

Kate Willoughby said...

I think you should have everyone's poetry revolve around the theme of Mr. Robin's emissions. :) LOL

Robin L. Rotham said...

Christine and Erica, I can't wait to see what you come up with. :D

Kate, I think I've already given Mr. Robin's emissions far more attention than they deserve, LOL! (Don't want to encourage him, you know.)

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Good limerick..

But.. again.. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Robin L. Rotham said...

LOL, Isa! Sorry if I spoiled your appetite.

veinglory said...

LOL