Saturday, November 10, 2012
One Stormy Night
I've been posting all over about what a great day I had today. First I got to sleep in (after staying up until 5 a.m. to finish a marvelous historical!), then the girls and I went to see Skyfall, which was AMAZING! When I got home from the movie, there were tear-inducing fan emails waiting for me, and then as I cooked supper, it started to rain. I mean real rain, not just the sprinkles we've had to content ourselves with since last spring.
Right now, there's lightning and thunder and heavy rain outside, and it reminds me of an album that my mother used to play all the time when I was a kid. It's called One Stormy Night by the Mystic Moods Orchestra.
Yes, I can see all you youngsters out there rolling your eyes at anything with the word orchestra in it. And listening to it now, I have to admit it sounds a lot like elevator music. From my childhood.
But back then (40+ years ago) it was so romantic! I wasn't aware of it at the time, since we didn't go to church, but in the 60s and early 70s, some church youth/young adults were admonished not to listen to this album, especially in the presence of the opposite sex, because it was too romantic and might put young persons in a frame of mind to go too far on a date.
I still like to listen to bits of it once in a while because it's so nostalgic. And it really is romantic, and mysterious, and evocative, at least for the 1960s. Listen to a few of the tracks and maybe you'll hear what I mean. ;)
Just thought I'd let you in on that little secret. So what kind of music do you remember from childhood? Any make-out music on the list?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I grew up in the 80's so make out music would of been KISS - Beth, 38 Special - Rock into the night. It varied lol
Who didn't have fantasies of marrying a rock star like Bon Jovi or Sebastian Bach from Skid Row??
OMG, I LOVE Beth! One of my favorites from junior high school! Thanks for the reminder, Nitrous. :)
Post a Comment